27.8.07

Something proper...

Think I will post something proper. haha, not to say that the videos posted so far was not...

The past week was quite different from my normal routine of doing stuff. For one thing, I had a assignment, an essay about employment relations to hand up on friday. And I only found out about this a week before.

At least I had done some background reading, so forming the essay was like doing a jigsaw, I had the pieces, I knew the picture, it was just a process of putting it together. So I guess that was done fine and the only improvement I saw was to argue my case better as some of the points did not seem to flow very smoothly.

If you want a word to describe employment relations in SG, the word is tripartite. Which means the decision making by the gov, union (NTUC) and employers. So, every single labour thing that the gov says, is not from their own opinions, but from these forums and discussions. Eg. the CPF proposals and extending the retirement age.

On Saturday, there was no troop meeting as the school celebrated founder's day. But the Scout AGM was held at HQ and the DC had asked me to go (they need some ALs there). So I went just to see-see since I was free. I guess the 2 note-worthy things that they talked about for 2006 was that girls could now be scouts and in 2015, they plan to host the world jamboree, at coney island if they win. According to them, we did bid for the 2011 world jam and we came in 2nd, so we stand a good chance.

Today, I went with my family to Desaru. It was just a day-outing. Nothing much happened at Desaru itself, just found some nice pebbles and took a nap on the beach for a short-while. After that we headed back, stopped at a chinese seafood restaurant at JB and did some shopping (just bought A4 paper, ran out, haha!). Overall, I guess the best part was getting to drive. Young people should drive, cos I guess you wont really like doing it when you are older, when you get tired quicker, your eye sight is not as good and you dont have the 'fun' factor as much as when you are younger.

In Civ 4 news, I achieved my first diplomatic victory. For those not in the know, that means getting your rivals to say that you have been such a great friend. I played US and did it the american way, diplomacy with the upper hand. I was the most powerful nation, was friends with the 3rd most powerful, Germany, (if the 2nd most powerful was my friend, he would have voted for himself) and took 3 votes before I could get Xerxes to vote for me. I had to give him some technologies and aluminium(vital modern resource) to get his support. So I guess in real-life we can see this being done by US which is giving civilian nuclear technology to India.

Well, I think I have blogged enough, hope other follows, cheers to those down under and maybe those in SG will meet at the real RK. Going to watch Man VS Wild now, see how he survives in Kenya!

VS

No comments: