2.9.07

The Week Passed

For those who don't know, I have been jogging @ MacRitchie for around a month now, around twice weekly, mainly during the afternoon, 1 - 4pm. The main reason for doing so is just for a change in jogging location, instead of the area around my house. Also, I MacRitchie provides a more interesting place to run and a healthier(no CO2 and CO) alternative.

So on Tuesday, we supposedly had the same amount of rainfall that was recorded in last year August. And I went for a jog on Tuesday! Well, it was not flooded, but now I know how it feels like to run in a stream. The trails were flooded with running water. Fortunately, it was not really muddy, so I was just running over water. Another interesting sight I saw on tuesday was the monkeys that used a lamp post the same way as a fireman uses their pole thingy during an emergency. They did it all very quickly and was quite an amusing. Their emergency was to raid a pick-up parked nearby.

On Thursday, when returning from reaching the end of the trail, the underneath rubber of my shoe gave way, Cheap new balance. It was only the 4th time using it. So, since I wanted to salvage it as it was so new, I took both the shoes off and walked back barefooted. I walked mostly on the broadwalk, to avoid the stones in the trail. All I can say is that wood is quite a good conductor of heat. ;)

On Friday, the scouts had patrol camp. As usual with the present batch of patrols, it was full of poor planning. It was held at Sembawang Park. I guess on the whole nothing worth-while happened for me as I was not directly involved in any part of the program. Just slacked around and enjoyed the atmosphere.

No comments: