29.4.08

0.50

I have 2 papers left(11 actually, but thats for the whole course, unless they change the syllabus, which I hope they do, then I have 10 papers left). So far it has been going well, I suppose, but definately not perfect, haha. Why can't humans be perfect? Well, instead of finding out why, lets just accept the fact and live with it.

Interestingly, I have noticed that some students seem to be better then the rest of the students. They confidently leave the lecture hall half-way into the paper, while I am still struggling to write my answers! Well, maybe I should learn how to summarise my answers to be like them, so I too can leave earlier. After all, the examiners should have given us more then sufficient time right?

Stats papers was ok, just that 4 questions that came out for the MCQ was something I had never seen before. Granted it was a tutorial question as I found out later. Maybe I should not have ONLY read the lecture notes and done the 4 year series, I should have done the tutorial. I could blame the lecturer who claimed that the lecture notes go in one direction, the tutorials go in one direction and the exam papers go in one direction. Other then that, the rest seemed to go fine. I guess HD is possible, if I did not make much calcualtion errors, if not I will have to settle for a D...

As for today's paper, History of Management Thought, I think overall, it went well. But not perfectly. Haha. I had to cut my last answer by around 20% due to lack of time. So I guess my timing was off by 5 minutes. But I guess since I elaborated ALL my other answers, most of them double what was expected, I think they should be able to pull up whatever I may have left out on the last question. Hopefully a HD. The only thing that worries me is that I did not circle which answers I did on the front page. I hope that does not deny me the HD(if I deserve it). If it does, I guess I will appeal, citing that the exam answer booklets were too short and thus I had to use 3 of them and tie them together (amazingly some people found 1 to be sufficient). So I wasted my time writing my name etc and tieing the booklets instead of circling the answers I attempted. Wait till the results are out (tentatively 4th June)...

So thats good bye to HMT, which while was taught by a cockster, is really a very fundenmental subject for any management student. So I find it irritating when someone in the course asks, why do we have to study this? Almost everyone asks that, possiblely because everyone failed the test. Very seldom do you question what you do when you are doing it well. To me, it is the foundation of 5 modules we will take till we graduate. It lays the foundation of what happened, why it happened and why we have things like Organisational Theory, strategic management and ethics. If any student can't see the value of these, clearly they have choosen the wrong course. Not that they cannot become managers or whatever in the future, but truely they don't deserve to call themselves management students. They should have done something that is more relevant to 'real-life', accounting or finance. Maybe this is what Shamir felt when he had some cock friends in his FSV course wanting to be prison officers. WTF are they in the course? Of course those who are lazy are another group all together.

Just left Mirco econs and entpreneurship. I am actually most worried about econs, not cause it is hard, but cos it is easy. Too easy. Too easy that anyone cock can do well in it, meaning to get the HD, have to score close to full marks! Entrepreneurship should be ok, just another memory subject. With half the class hailing from Indonesia, doing relatively better is not a huge problem.

Some good news, won the Earth Elemental. Paid $42 SGD for it, so maybe Tsang could pay $20 and the rest is a gift from me. ;)
Now to hunt for the hill giant...

1 comment:

Shamir Muhammad said...

yah!! its just mind boggling to find people at the tertiary education level studying something they are not interested in.