16.8.08

Re: ten years on!

thanks for bringing back the nostelgia... by the way, where are you guys now? I know jc and shamir are in australia, what about varun and tsang?

i just came back from china, was running english camps there with a missions orientation, and it was very enjoyable too. but life is such that everything is transient, including such enjoyable things, and the best we can make of these occasions are fonds memories to treasure.

I'm glad that even as I'm back home, there are people whom I can share memories of similar extents of fondness with. though each of us try to find our own path through life, we are still able to take the time to reminiese the past whenever events trigger the flashbacks.

Well, such is life, and lets make the most of it... I remember a time when life beyond secondary school was an abstract notion, I never even pondered the question of whether we would still remain in touch and if we would still be friends, but now I find it easier to extrapolate the situation to the rest of our lives... can see us wrinkled and white haired, attending each others funerals... hm... wonder which of us would go first.

Now as I start upon my chosen way,
In all I do, my thoughts, my work, my play,
Grant as I promise, courage new for me
To be the best, the best that I can be.


anyway, just so that i do not end the entry on the warped note, wanna ask who is/would be in singapore and can meet up before I return in October?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tsang and i are in sg.

creature comfort said...

meet up with them Gabriel my bro...but really, the growing old and white haired part sounds really morbid and really should be the kind of thing that a guy says to his wife only...which begs the question of ur singlehood.......haha
its great hearing from ya again Gabriel my bro..god bless!

Anonymous said...

also nice to see you remember the scout hymn, a meaningful hymn in my opinion..
:)