2.10.08

In memory of a hero...

It’s been 2 days since a patriot of Singapore died. Rest in peace JBJ.


We were told that we need to pay millions of dollars every year for
each of our leaders in order to ensure that the best people are always
in power. You proved them wrong. You gave up your cushy government job
and your money only to be insulted and treated with disdain. In my eyes
you were more qualified than any other to be our leader.


Thanks for everything.


JBJ

JBJ


Being in the opposition in Singapore all these years has
cost you dearly and you even had to sell off your properties. Any
regrets?


I did not have many properties but I had to sell a bungalow in a
very fashionable area in Singapore to pay the judgement obtained by
Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew. Having sold that, three years later I
bought a small apartment, and then I had to sell that too. All in, I
had easily about 12 to 13 suits to pay off. Some people say I was a
fool. All I can say is I do not regret it because, to me, life is not
all about making money and acquiring wealth. Life is doing something
for the people around you.


Source: The Star

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yup, noticed that he has died to on the newpapers for 2 days now...

he died fighting to the end...